Skip to content

Feature Requests

298 results found

1. Option to disable stylecop MSBuild integration

Currently, FxCop Analysis can be switched off for Performance reasons. For the same reason it would be great to have a Setting where the StyleCop build Integration (http://www.nuget.org/packages/StyleCop.MSBuild/) can be switched off as well.

An additional benefit would be that there is no need anymore to occasionally reset the NCrunch test pipeline because of build failures (it cannot copy the StyleCop NuGet package which is at that time in use by another NCrunch process).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reveal active test

We have Browse to workspace button in Advanced sub-menus.

its nice to add

Reveal test in tests window button, somewhere there. with hotkey.

just to quickly navigate to test window and select this test.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Set a baseline in a project with many failing tests

Here's a new idea: I'd like to be able to set a "failure baseline" in a project with a lot of failing tests.

Granted, such a project shouldn't exist in the first place! But I'm sure many of us have had the experience of getting to a new workplace where nobody's run the unit tests for a while, and suddenly the new guy runs them and there are hundreds failing.

Of course, the ideal thing would be to stop everything and fix them all. But try explaining to management why we can't fix bugs or write new features for a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Expand all children on specific node via context menu in test window

In the test window, I would love to be able to click on a node and choose "expand all" to expand all children nodes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [Convenience] Add text filter for metrics view to quickly find a project

Background:
    I got a solution with 117 projects. Oftentimes, I will sketch the implementation of a new subsystem and only partially test-cover it while doing the sketch. Once I'm satisfied with the shape and usage, I switch over to completely test-covering it. When doing this, it's helpful to look at the metrics view NCrunch provides.

However, because of the number of projects, it's a bit tedious to navigate to the right project, open the right namespace etc.

If there was a textbox on top which would represent a filter on project-names and namespaces that would automatically filter the list on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Treat project references as binary references when not part of solution

Would like to request an option to treat project references as binary references if they are no part of the current solution or if they have the 'Ignore this project completely' option enabled.

The reason for this is I work on a large codebase (thousands of projects and deep dependency tree) and our build environment requires that we use ProjectReference for our references (with some projects having dozens of references).

We do have a custom tool that copies the project's dependencies (the corresponding binaries for all the project references) from our build shares. We then pass the "/p:BuildProjectReferences=false" option to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show tests in the order they are run if Order attribute is used

If you use NUnit's Order attribute, you can specify an exact order (dependencies) for the tests to run, which also works with NCrunch:

https://docs.nunit.org/articles/nunit/writing-tests/attributes/order.html

In the NCrunch window, the tests are however always sorted alphabetically, which makes not much sense, given they are run in a different order. They are just hard to find then e.g.
    It would be nice if you could order them non-alphabetically by order instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Creat A Simple API To Control NCrunch Execution and get Responses From It

A simple api like, start TEST blah blah ... and get the response whether success or failure, and the console output that is generated , just like in the NCrunch Tests window.

Also API to start, stop , restart NCrunch , and check current status.

I'd like to be able to build a simple tool so I can control test execution. :-)

Maybe NCrunch already has an object model we can tap into??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. License server as docker image

We do not run virtual servers anymore in our company. Everything is running in k8s.
    Therefore It would be great for us if you could provide us a way to run the server as a container.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add overlay icon in Tests window indicating if test is included in UI coverage filter

I would like to easy spot which tests in my test are included in current UI coverage filter.
    Given I have a coverage filter set, I would like an icon on the test (e.g. red X with some small overlay icon for a failing test) so I easily can see which tests that are currently used in coverage filter (e.g. when have 20 pinned tests and showing coverage for only 5 of them).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add toolbar button for filtering running/queued tests in Tests window

I have a large amount of tests but would like to see which tests are currently being executed or pending execution (without showing all passed tests/projects), even if test was previously passing.

This so I can get an overview of the "backlog" of the current work queue and easily utilize the Search filter/sorting etc.

The Processing Queue Window is good to know what is "happening" but I would like to have similar info in the Tests window (more focused on test itself versus all other info build/analyze/servers etc.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Abort grid node processing in NCrunch Console if no more tests are to be executed

From forum: https://forum.ncrunch.net/yaf_postst2641_Why-is-not-NCrunch-aborting-build-analysis-on-pending-grid-nodes-when-no-work-remains.aspx

If I have 1 slow grid node connected to NCrunch Console, and NCrunch engine has completed all tests for the engine mode, I want the slow grid node to abort its build/analyze processing since there are no more tests to execute anyhow.

Background: My NCrunchConsole runs on a fast server, one grid node might be very slow. So even though the console tool is completed building/analyzing/running tests within 3 minutes, it sits and wait for the slow grid node to complete building for another e.g. 15 minutes (see forum post for a timeline example).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Filter on test category

I would like the "Search" window in NCrunch Tests also match test categories (and maybe other columns as well?).

(going "all in" the grid component could maybe be replaced with a component with filter-per-column possibilities)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Possibility to check code coverage on Pull Request with VSTS

I'd like to be able to check the code coverage on new code when one of my developper do a pull request using VSTS and Git.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add window showing slowest lines of code

The slow hotspot markers were super useful in me rewriting portions of test / application code to speed them up.

It would be useful to be able to see a list of the slowest lines of code so attention can be given to refactoring them.

Bonus points if this can be sorted based on total time under test, and also average time under test

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow copy paste from exception details window

It would be helpful to be able to be able to copy paste text from the exception details popup that displays when you click the X mark in the ncrunch gutter, e. g. stack trace, exception message, ...
    Right now, the test has to actually be executed in debug mode in the task runner to be able to copy text from the standard visual studio exception popup window

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add 'Collapse All' and 'Expand All' buttons in the UI which would allow me to collapse all the test groupings with 1 click

It's quite time consuming collapsing the test groupings. I often do this when I want to hone in on a specific project but without loosing complete visibility of the rest. At present I have to perform lots and lots of separate mouse clicks to condence the test groups down - and kind of loose the will to live in the process

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add coverage markers to the Find Results Window

When searching for something in the project file, it would be nice to be able to see whether or not the line in the find results window is covered by a test.

For instance, I know the piece I'm currently testing is sensitive to the use of DateTime.Now so I need to search all places where DateTime.Now is called and then browse to the code to see if the failing test used that instance in the search results.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Churn Mode - More fine grained statistics for test columns

When running churn mode I am interested in "Total test executions" i,.e. how many time test has been run in current churn mode, and "Total execution time" i.e. how long the churn mode has been going on (i.e. has it spent 1 minute or 30 minutes).

This so I know, when I decide cancel, that I ran it for e.g. 10 000 iterations and/or in 10 minutes so next time I want to "churn it" I get a hint how long I need to churn it .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Toolbar button for "Run Selected Test(s) In Existing Process"

I often have failing tests in my test window that I want to re-run in existing process (if there is one), e.g. when modifying database the tests are hitting.
    Today I must go via RMB->Advanced, rather than just clicking a toolbar button (similar what exists with "run test(s) in new process".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests