Skip to content

Feature Requests

58 results found

1. Integrate with the upcoming project rider, similar to what WallabyJS does

Integrate with the upcoming IDE from jetbrains to support project rider. Project rider is already available for download. Based on intellij. NCrunch couldn't do exactly what WallabyJS is doing and providing a number of IDE integrations.

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now have NCrunch in JetBrains Rider!

https://blog.ncrunch.net/post/NCrunch-V5-Now-Available.aspx

As of today, we're officially in a BETA state with our Rider support.  Although we're sitting more or less at feature parity (compared with our VS plugin), our Rider plugin hasn't yet seen the sort of rigorous real-world testing as we have under VS, and there is still a lot of performance optimisation to be done.

Right now the plugin is only available for direct download in ZIP form.  You'll need to install it by clicking on the cog icon in the Rider plugin settings.  We'll be publishing it to the JetBrains market in a few weeks when we're confident that any critical issues have been ironed out.

Please take the time to report any issues you encounter so we can fix them.

Thanks everyone for your patience with us over the years while we've worked on this.  It's been quite a…

2. Support .NET Core, .NET Standard (previously known as DNX) projects

Surprised this hasn't already been requested.

Going to be necessary to implement.

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Separate ncrhunch project configuration from user setting for source control integration

Currently there is *.NCrunchproject with both user settings and project configuration: what files are to deploy, what build configuration to use, etc...
    Once I set up and committed *.ncrunchproject files for 50+ projects, the files continued to change for my local environment: what tests to include, what warnings are disabled, etc...

Idea is to separate Global Configuration from User settings, so we can add *.nchrunchconfig to repository, and *.ncrunchlocalsettings to ignore list.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support build of Azure functions

Azure functions are becoming more and more used. Unfortunatly NCrunch is not compatible with them. What's the plan to support them ?

We wanted to give all developers on my company an NCrunch licence but we all add some Azure functions to our projects, so people instead use Continuous Testing from Jetbrains. It does the work, but NCrunch is clearly ahead. Hope it will be supported soon.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a performance view (or data export) to help find performance bottlenecks

Give us access to the line-by-line performance/execution times data.
    I'd love to have it as a single view or even just a data export, so I can easily identify bottlenecks in my code.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support .NET Core

I'm new to NCrunch. I've just seen on Pluralsight and fell in love with it at first sight.

However, I'm working in a project platformed on .NET Core.
    Do you plan to support it in the near future?
    (Maybe if lots of us vote?)

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add possibility to expand/collapse multiple node levels in "NCRunch tests" window

Problem: Today there is no way explode/collapse of tree nodes in the "NCrunch Tests" window (e.g. with +,-,* keys).

Request: Add possibility to, in some way, expand/collapse multiple levels. It is very cumbersome today when you type something in filter and need to manually expand all test nodes one by one to see which tests are matching.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide Debugging Support for Async/Await Methods

Posted in response to: http://forum.ncrunch.net/yaf_postsm5589_does-not-exist-in-the-current-context.aspx#post5589

It seems there are technical issues that limit the debugging experience of async/await methods when using NCrunch. Essentially the auto's, local's, and watch windows in visual studio cease to function properly when debugging async/await code when using NCrunch. Ideally, such technical issues could be overcome, but if that is not possible, the following would suffice:

Add a debugging mode in NCrunch that does not add NCrunch instrumentation to the code. This would allow new debugging options such as 'Debug covering tests without instrumentation' and 'Break into first covering test without instrumentation'. This would allow the…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create an NCrunch License Server

It would be great to have a central management point for our NCrunch licenses.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Separate Test Projects from Non-Test Projects in Metrics Window

The Metrics Window shows code coverage so you can see how coverage your projects is getting from your tests.

However this window is a little bit confusing as it show all projects, including test projects, as code coverage which is technically not accurate. It would be nice if it could segment projects that are tests and projects that are the code being tested so that the code being tested is reported as code coverage and the tests are showing as active tests code. As the code coverage metric on tests is really how much of the test are actively testing…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. standalone executable version for builds etc.

There should be a standalone executable version of NCrunch to allow for build integration with the NCrunch grid. This will make builds run faster where there are a lot of tests, and will make NCrunch much more compelling for large businesses.

Ideally this would also offer XML & JSON versions of the coverage report, removing businesses' reliance on NCover and saving them money.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhance "Impacted tests" filter

The engine mode "Run impacted tests automatically, others manually" is a great idea, but nCrunch seems to think pretty much every test was impacted whenever I make any small change. This is most obviously wrong when I change one of the existing unit tests itself and then all other unit test run too. I realize that it is almost impossible to know for sure whether or not a given test has been impacted under all scenarios, but I would like a mode that has nCrunch error on the side of running less and thereby using fewer resources rather than erroring…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to exclude passing FIXTURE tests from Console runner

When using the NCrunch Console 4.3.0.13 with NUnit 3 and Team City we are seeing an extra "Fixture" unit test added to every class that has individual unit tests. This can significantly increase the number of tests reported by TeamCity compared to NCrunch in Visual Studio.

To be able to leverage NCrunch in a Continuous Delivery environment it is important that the build system test results & code coverage metrics match those in the development environment, and due to this reporting difference they currently do not.

I do understand the reason for the "Fixture" test appearing for diagnostic resolution, and…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support multiple Visual Studio 2017 Installations

If you install NCrunch to Visual Studio 2017 you cannot selected to which instance the installation should go.

NCrunch picks one, and install. As a Workaround it is possible to do manual Installation with is not that complicated, but needs several steps, which also needs administration rights.

This makes upgrading to newer Version a real pain point. Also it might not be a great first impression for new Users. If they don't find NCrunch after installation.

A Solution might be to switch from MSI to VSIX for VS2017 and following Version.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve found an unconventional but effective way to rope multi-instance support for VS2017 into the NCrunch MSI installer. The installer should now automatically install for up to 3 instances of VS2017. If you’re using more than 3 instances of VS2017, you can still install NCrunch using the manual installation option.

This has been released with v3.16.

16. Support for Visual Studio 15

At the time of writing Visual Studio 15 is out in preview 5. When can we expect a NCrunch installer for VS 15?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make "First Time Crunch" Dialog for each new solution optional.

I, and I'm sure others as well, use a similar, if not identical, NCrunch configuration for each solution. So I would suggest making the "First Time Crunch" dialog optional for new solutions. If disabled, a default configuration could be applied to each new solution.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stress-debug flaky tests

Flaky tests are difficult to catch under a debugger due to the time it takes to start a new debugging session. It is frustrating to click the "Run the selected test(s) with debugger" button over and over again, waiting 5-15 seconds for each run.

It would be wonderful if we could tell NCrunch to debug a given test 100 times in a row, giving the test a chance to fail with the debugger attached. The behavior should be similar to running multiple tests with debugger attached, though in actuality it would be the same test running again and again.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Increase startup speed in VS2017

Please, increase the startup speed in Visual Studio 2017. Every now and then it shows me a window with extension-related startup delays, and asking to disable them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve done a bit of work in this area over the years. There have also been versions of VS that would often blame VS packages for slow startups unfairly (i.e. when the problem is actually in VS).

I haven’t seen any notifications of slow startups for a while, nor any recent complaints about this.

So I think we’re good here.

20. Show number of tests in NCrunch Tests window

There is no easy way to find out how many tests there are for an assembly or a namespace. Provide an option to display the number of tests for each node in the NCrunch Tests window. See the ReSharper Unit Tests window. It has that functionality, but I don't want to go there to see the number of tests.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests