I suggest you ...

Attribute to identify type/methods that must have 100% code coverage

It would be helpful to have NCrunch treat (or at least report) decreases in code coverage as "fail".

For example, supporting an attribute that marks a project/class/method as "100% code coverage required".

Or a larger flag such that any code coverage drop is a "failure". This would be a bit trickier to support as it may need to be include a way to identify a baseline. And it may be helpful to distinguish between coverage for old code vs coverage for new code.

I think starting with a numeric attribute indicating the required coverage would give the biggest ROI -- developers can update the attribute accordingly, and build pipeline steps can enforce requirements.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian Strelioff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GreenMoose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for full coverage attribute. I often add new code (test fixtures/prod code) which I know is "NCrunch covered" now, but want NCrunch console running on CI server fail if those classes drops in coverage (but allow other code to be non covered). This would be a killer feature for CI setups with NCrunch.

Feedback and Knowledge Base