I suggest you ...

Pause while nuget is installing or updating packages

NCRunch should pause while NuGet is installing or updating packages. There is no good reason to run tons of tests hogging most of the workstation performance while the solution is in an inconsistent and temporary state. Ncrunch running tests severely impacts the time it takes updates and installs to run.

PS: Resharper does this so I know it's possible :)

97 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Magnus Lidbom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mikke Tanska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NCrunch seems to be similarly blocking Paket from succeeding in installs and updates quite often.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nuget updates and restore takes orders of magnitude longer if ncrunch is running.
    We have to remember to turn it off otherwise, once we start the package update we have to wait ages before we can turn ncrunch off. its a real PITA.

• Richard Lawley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great improvement. At the moment, if I upgrade the nuget packages for a large solution with ncrunch enabled, it will almost always fail to remove a package due to locking issues and request that I restart Visual Studio. If I disable ncrunch prior to updating this does not happen, but then it gets forgotten about and left off for a while.

• Marnix van Valen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great if NCrunch paused automatically while doing other expensive stuff, like reloading the solution after pulling in changes from source control. This is also something ReSharper does.

Feedback and Knowledge Base