Feature Requests

1. Option to always start NCrunch disabled

I frequently switch between working copies/branches and since I use an engine mode which is automatically running tests I would to manually enable NCrunch on startup. This since the test suite is very heavy and I might want to open solution without immediately running all tests and/or I need some changes to e.g. "Custom environment variables" so tests are running correctly.

(Now I need to remember to disable NCrunch before closing project, which I most often do not remember. Also the now and then occasional vstudio crashes prevents me from setting this)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remote server: Conditionally run tests depending on which remote server they are running on.

Scenario:
    I have http integration tests which will report results in one way locally (due to IIS custom errors) and one way remotely. Thus for tests verifying the corretc "remote" response I would like them to run on a grid node that is not running on my local machine.

The current "Capabilities" is not attractive since that is set on grid node server itself and requires project-specific user configurations on each grid node server (which annoys the developers if they are running them on their dev machines if I will need to interrupt to tweak custom project settings).

Possible solutions…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate updates for NCrunch into VS2013 Notifications

The update reminders at the moment come through the N icon on the bottom right. Visual Studio however already provides a separate Notifications hub.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make NCrunch grid performance measurable

Provide some kind of programmatic access to performance indicators that are able to report the performance of a ncrunch grid, e.g. provide access to the duration of a full-end-to-end test. This would enable things like auto-scaling a grid.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In Test window, Server column for grouping rows should include all servers for children (not just one of them).

In my case Server always says "(Local)" if any child test ran locally. I think this should be a comma-delimited list like Category. Next best thing would be leaving it blank.

If I'm filtering for failed tests only, the current behavior is really a bug, because all of the failing tests may have ran on one node server that isn't (local), yet the grouping row alone still says (local). So it makes scanning the server column to troubleshoot issues (in this case node server dependency config issues) confusing.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base