Feature Requests

1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve hover-over hints on tests indicators/icons in 'NCrunch Tests' window

Oh boy, we still have absolutely no idea what do some icons mean. Really.

All these alerts icons on the test/assembly row, then green or red clocks, then green question marks. That IS so much puzzling. Seems we lived in VS space too much, at least it was simple - not run, run and pass/failed :)

Please add hints on hover-over providing an explanation and suggestion on what is going on with the current test or whole test set.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mark tests using TestCaseSource as failed if an error in the method providing the TestCaseData fails

Currently an NUnit test that uses a TestCaseSource attribute to provide the data will not show up at all if the method providing the TestCaseSource data has an exception.

I often end up resorting to Resharper to run the offending test to find out what is going on.

It would be nice if the tests that are failing because their TestCaseSource is not running can show up as failed tests the same way that they do in Resharper.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stress-debug flaky tests

Flaky tests are difficult to catch under a debugger due to the time it takes to start a new debugging session. It is frustrating to click the "Run the selected test(s) with debugger" button over and over again, waiting 5-15 seconds for each run.

It would be wonderful if we could tell NCrunch to debug a given test 100 times in a row, giving the test a chance to fail with the debugger attached. The behavior should be similar to running multiple tests with debugger attached, though in actuality it would be the same test running again and again.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Configurable list of custom ItemGroups to be copied over to workspace

More details - http://forum.ncrunch.net/yafpostsm7334Custom-ItemGroups-to-be-copied-over-to-workspace.aspx#post7334

The scenario is coming up with some shared logic to be used by other teams. They have the freedom to add build targets, so list of custom items used isn't fixed.

Currently NCrunch just copies over None or Content or Compile items. Having a configurable list of such items will help avoiding workarounds like adding the item twice.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to Build and Start Running Test Only on File Saves

It would helpful to have an option where NCrunch does not start building the project and running tests until after I save the file. We've had some issues with this in a project I was on that had several thousand unit tests. This would be similar to the way Karma's auto-file watcher works for JavaScript unit testing.

I'm aware of the sliding building delay - and it can help - but I feel it'd be better to just provide an option to not start processing until I save a file.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pause instead of disable enable

I would love to just pause ncrunch at times instead of enabling and disabling which causes the solution to be rescanned again.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Offer a VS toolbar to make switching between engine modes quicker (and visible)

NCrunch should offer a VS toolbar to make switching between engine modes quicker (and visible). It's an often-used function and is tedious to do it through the menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pause while nuget is installing or updating packages

NCRunch should pause while NuGet is installing or updating packages. There is no good reason to run tons of tests hogging most of the workstation performance while the solution is in an inconsistent and temporary state. Ncrunch running tests severely impacts the time it takes updates and installs to run.

PS: Resharper does this so I know it's possible :)

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support Xamarin

Build an addin for Xamarin studio

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create an SDK for third party framework support

Having up to date support for many different testing frameworks is no-doubt a lot of work. The result is that some frameworks are not supported to their full or simply not popular enough to justify adding support.

If an integration SDK was made available, it would allow third party frameworks (or interested users) to add support. This would allow for even niche frameworks the opportunity to be fully supported.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an engine mode to run only a specific project.

I have a solution that has many projects and each project has an associated test project. When I am working on project A, I only want NCrunch to run ATests, rather than ATests, BTests, CTests, etc. Currently, I can set the engine mode to pinned and pin my tests, but I have to manually pin all of the tests (I can only pin by class at most).

Also, I can setup a custom engine mode, but I would rather not have to have an engine mode per project.

Ideally, I would like a right-click option on a project in the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support the Fixie test framework

Http://github.com/plioi/fixie

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make a license of NCrunch available for free to Open Source projects

I can't justify paying for NCrunch to volunteer on a FOSS project.

ReSharper does this.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy engine mode

I have fairly non trivial engine modes with test filters set. I want to create a new engine mode based on existing but only tweak e.g. a condition in the filter.
    It would help a lot if could copy an existing engine mode and tweak it instead of re-doing the entire filter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SSL support for NCrunch Grid Node server

Its a must for remote grid nodes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add support for custom delegates with MSpec

MSpec supports Custom delegates.

https://github.com/machine/machine.specifications/blob/master/Source/Examples/Example.CustomDelegates/Delegates.cs

Currently NCrunch seems hardcoded to "It", it would be great to support also custom delegates annotated with the AssertDelegate-Attribute

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow to temporarily ignore tests

When some tests are failing for a known reason (eg: When making structural changes, or when developing to an interface which is not yet completed), it would be nice if there is a possibility to tell the NCrunch Tests window to ignore certain tests for a defined period of time.

For example:
    right-click test in the list

> Ignore.. 

> Ignore for 10min
    > Ignore for 1hr
    > Ignore for today

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When showing coverage for specific tests show icon against them in 'NCrunch Tests' view

When I show coverage for a specific test I trace through the code paths which are being executed using the per line coverage, however sometimes I then need to debug through that test, it would be nice if I could easily see which test is currently showing coverage so I can debug it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Doubleclicking a failing test should jump to the failing line

If I doubleclick a test in the tests window the test, the file containing the test is opened in the IDE and the cursor jumps to the beginning of the test (Feature: Go to selected test").

It would be nice to have a "Go to selected test at failing line" feature that can be accessed via right click a failing test and even being able to set this as default action for double click.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base